For over 200 years, we have served the region's commercial clients and individuals, and now operate from three offices, covering the whole of Yorkshire and beyond.
Over two hundred years of experience has made Keeble Hawson one of the oldest and best-established law firms in the North. Founded in 1788, Keeble Hawson has grown substantially throughout the last two centuries. The firm's Managing Partner is Paul Trudgill.
Today, with 23 partners, over 100 dedicated lawyers and a total staff of 180 at our offices in Sheffield, Leeds and Doncaster, we can provide the very best support, guidance and technical advice to our Commercial and Private clients.
We are regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA).
Our Firm has a long and complex history, of which we can justifiably be proud. It can trace its roots back over two centuries, and previous members of the Firm have gone on to become Members of Parliament and Lord Mayors of Sheffield.
Herbert Keeble Hawson was born a little before the end of the nineteenth century. He was articled to a Solicitor before and during the First World War but joined up in 1916.
On his return from active service he set up business in two rooms at 24 Bank Street in Sheffield. He later joined forces with Sorby & Co and took over a firm called Furnell & Co. He was joined in due course by his nephew, Kenneth Arnold. In 1953 Keeble Hawson Furnell & Arnold as they were then known joined forces with J Steele Carr & Co to become known as Keeble Hawson Steele Carr & Co and they set up business in our current premises in St James' Row, Sheffield.
In 1987 that firm merged with Branson Bramley & Co a long established Sheffield practice and in 1996 with Rodgers & Howe.
Meanwhile R C Moorhouse & Co was formed in the late 1930's in Leeds. Keeble Hawson and R C Moorhouse & Co merged in 1998. A further merger took place in 2000 involving the firm of James Kendall.
In 2007, the Firm merged with Frank Allen Pennington, a progressive law practice based in Doncaster town centre and Mexborough. The firm was founded in 1898 as Frank Allen & Co and in 1993 amalgamated with Penningtons, a well regarded, professional and approachable community law firm.
We now operate from offices in each of the three major commercial centres of Yorkshire.
Our commercial property team has an outstanding reputation throughout Yorkshire, for the quality of its pragmatic and commercially focused advice.
The team handles all aspects of commercial property work for a wide range of clients including property investors, commercial developers, house builders, retailers, banks and investment funds.